LOT 2540: A Salvaging and Recycling Ministry
o To Serve God by engaging in social entrepreneurship to provide food, shelter, education, occupational training and a safe environment to those in need in Rockingham County, NC and beyond as The Lord enables.
· Vision Statement
o In late 2010 the lack of services for the overlooked and ignored of Rockingham County, NC was made apparent to our group through the Holy Spirit.
o Funding for existing non-profit organizations by local, state, federal government and through charitable giving is in decline.
o Having identified a growing need for an organization that “teaches a man to fish” and at the same time is able, through God’s provision, to generate it’s own operating income provides a solution to the growing needs of the community.
o Providing physical and spiritual redemption with funding provided from within while fully depending on God became our focus early in 2011.
o Phase I
· Establish a prayer and counseling center, “Free” store, Food Pantry and 501c3 incubator.
· These core ministries will be anchored and supported by a salvage and recycling retail store. This Architectural salvage store will create job opportunities for approximately 4-6 full time employees in year one.
· Initial inventory for salvage store to be obtained from site located in Greensboro, NC. Several dozen homes in the Glenwood neighborhood, to be cleared by UNCG for campus expansion, have been made available to L.O.T.2540 for salvaging to reduce the amount of wasted materials entering area landfills.
o Phase I needs
· Identify volunteers for prayer/counseling center
· Identify volunteers for salvaging project
· Identify Donors
· Prepare and distribute Media Kit
· Marketing plan for Qtr 3 and 4 of 2011